Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

My passion has been found!

"Do you like music," the little seven year old girl asked the ten year old boy. "More than food," he said in reply.

Ever since I heard those two lines from the movie, August Rush, I wanted to know what it felt like to have that kind of passion for something. That all else stops just so you can do that very thing. No excuses. Nothing can deter you from the path towards that very thing you want to do.

This morning when I woke up I reached over and picked up my tablet and pencil from my night stand. I wrote for over an hour. It felt good to be able to start my day by allowing my creativity to flow before I did anything else. And last night, I found a well lit hole and wrote for over an hour because I felt like I was going to explode if I didn't.

I havn't finished another short story yet, but I have several stories in the making, which I think is a bonus because when I finally do finish them all then I'll have a lot done all at once. (I'm really trying to stay positive about it all.)

I have a great idea for a series of short stories. I'm going to start writing on them either tonight or tomorrow. I feel the calling and I have in-depth knowledge about the subject. I cannot wait to begin!

OH, I also tried a bit of free-style poetry writing this morning. My husband has a nice little poem written about him. Hope he likes it. If not, it was fun to write and no bruises will be sustained from the dislike. (Keats is my inspiration!)

3 comments:

  1. I love Keats!! I also love that you are finding time to write. Give in to the thing that makes you smile inside out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your stories. You know what a series of related short stories makes, right? A novel! : ) You go girl - I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete