Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Social Media

 


To a bookworm and word-lover like me you would think that social media would be almost like a trip to the local carnival; full of fun and new things! Unfortunately, I feel a little behind the times with all of the avenues you can reach people. From the moment Mended Fences (soon to be on shelves May 7, 2013) went into the marketing phase I went into social media frenzy mode. And I haven't stopped... well, I've taken a few days off here and there, but for the most part I'm doing my best to keep up with everything and everyone on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Google Circles, and Istagram.

I have friends who have blogs and friends who have websites. I have musicians, artists and book-lovers alike who I want to keep up with. My little world gets bigger and bigger every day and I feel like I stand on the cusp of the unknown. It can produce a bit of anxiety - I'd rather just be at peace with it all.

So my question to you is this... how do you keep up with it all? Do you check certain social media websites one day and the others the next? Is there a routine that you follow that doesn't seem to zap all of the time in the day? Do you read everything that everyone posts or just scan for what looks interesting?

I'd love some helpful advice on how to not feel so overwhelmed with the amount of information I can gain from the world in one day. It's a blessing that we have this amazing technology that can reach people clear across the world if we wanted our information to go that far. I want to feel like it's a blessing and not a second job. I know there's hope...

Many blessings to you!
Angel
Author of Mended Fences


1 comment:

  1. I check facebook multiple times a day. Blogger, I check daily as well. Twitter, I get on my phone (the important people, anyway) so that helps me keep up there. Instagram is also on my phone. As for Pinterest, Linkdin, and Google circles, I'm not on those much at all right now, but I probably need to be! LOL. Gotta love social media!

    ReplyDelete