Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Published!

Three years ago my life changed dramatically, almost overnight. And if you had told me then that a dream would come true for me... well, I probably wouldn't have believed you.

On April 20, 2012 my husband and I decided to have a date night. It was a wild and crazy one too! We had a lovely dinner together and then... we sat down at the computer and worked on finding publishers that we could send my short stories to. (Told you it was wild and crazy!)

The Holy Spirit kept sending us back to Tate Publishing Company. So we compiled the stories together in a Word document with a introduction letter and a table of contents. By the time we got done it was almost midnight and we were both tired. We prayed together and then submitted the short stories. (Tate Publishing Company is a traditional publishing company that allows you to submit unsolicited manuscripts)

It was the only publishing company we sent my stories to. We planned to send more out the next day...

That was Friday.

On Saturday, Eric from Tate Publishing Company called me about my manuscript. He gave me some really great information about Tate Publishing and said he would begin reading my manuscript that day. I was delightfully shocked and excited that he wanted to get started right away. He told me he would give me a call on Monday...

It is now December and I am four months into the eight month publishing process with Tate Publishing Company. The beginning of next week I will have in my hands an actual book to proof read! I'm not sure how I will respond but it will more than likely look like the scene in Julie and Julia when Julia Childs received the first cookbook she wrote from her publisher.

In just a few short months Mended Fences will be read by many in America (and I'm hoping those in other countries too!). And I'm excited to see the impact it will have on my fellow country-men and women. I'm still in shock at my dream coming true and at this remarkable chance to live the life I've always dreamt about.

How great is our God? I continually stand in awe at His mercy and compassion for us, but most especially at the amount of love He shows us if we but turn our face to Him.

Here's to the great success of Mended Fences!

God bless,
AS

No comments:

Post a Comment